Canterbury Park Holding Corp. has announced a partnership to develop a retail and entertainment venue on its property in Shakopee, Minn.
The company, which operates the Canterbury Park Racetrack & Card Club, is partnering with Kansas-based RED Development on the project, which is described as a master-planned retail, entertainment and mixed-use development.
The proposed development will be integrated into the existing racetrack and card club property to expand dining, shopping and retail opportunities to visitors of the park, as well as provide entertainment options to visitors of the new destination development, according to the company. It is expected that the proposed development will be conducted in phases and will be located on land that is currently unused or underutilized.
Before construction of the project can begin, a number of conditions must be satisfied, including development of a mutually agreeable master plan, signing of definitive agreements between Canterbury Park and RED related to the proposed development, input from and approval by the city of Shakopee and Scott County, approval by the Minnesota Racing Commission, and arranging financing for the project
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North