The New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority Board of Commissioners has named Lennon Register, a current Pennwood Racing executive, as senior vice president of racing, replacing Dennis Dowd, who was named to the position of senior vice president of legal and governmental affairs.
Register, who will begin his position in August, previously served with the New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority from 1985-1998, concluding that time as assistant vice president of financial operations.
In his new post, Register will oversee the operations of both NJSEA racetracks, Monmouth Park and The Meadowlands, coming to East Rutherford after nine years as chief financial officer for Pennwood Racing. Pennwood operates Freehold Raceway and has licenses to operate four off-track wagering locations. Register's primary responsibilities there included financial management, profitability enhancement, project management and staff development.
Dowd's position as senior vice president of legal and governmental affairs had been vacant.
"Dennis Dowd's unique combination of legal, governmental and racing experience make him the perfect choice for this important authority post," said NJSEA chairman Carl Goldberg. "Dennis will also bring us leadership on the multitude of legal and legislative issues that face the Authority on a daily basis."
Most Popular Stories
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in HK Vase
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer