Nominations close May 30 for Del Mar's two premier stakes for 2-year-olds -- the Del Mar Debutante for fillies and the Del Mar Futurity for all juveniles. Both are grade I events.
The Debutante will be renewed Sept. 1, the Futurity on Sept. 3.
The nomination fee for each race is $250 with no sustaining payments required. Both races are run at seven furlongs with $250,000 guaranteed purses.
Nomination forms for the juvenile features can be downloaded on line at the Del Mar Web site, www.delmarracing.com/horsemen. The forms can be filled out and sent by FAX to the Del Mar racing office at (858) 794-1049, or nominations can be e-mailed directly to Del Mar at email@example.com.
For those missing the nomination date, there is a supplemental fee of $10,000 available for each race up until time of entry.
Last year Gerson Racing and Charleville Stables' Set Play captured the Debutante, while George Schwary's Georgie Boy won the Futurity.
Del Mar's 43-day season runs from July 16 to Sept. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream