Nominations close May 30 for Del Mar's two premier stakes for 2-year-olds -- the Del Mar Debutante for fillies and the Del Mar Futurity for all juveniles. Both are grade I events.
The Debutante will be renewed Sept. 1, the Futurity on Sept. 3.
The nomination fee for each race is $250 with no sustaining payments required. Both races are run at seven furlongs with $250,000 guaranteed purses.
Nomination forms for the juvenile features can be downloaded on line at the Del Mar Web site, www.delmarracing.com/horsemen. The forms can be filled out and sent by FAX to the Del Mar racing office at (858) 794-1049, or nominations can be e-mailed directly to Del Mar at email@example.com.
For those missing the nomination date, there is a supplemental fee of $10,000 available for each race up until time of entry.
Last year Gerson Racing and Charleville Stables' Set Play captured the Debutante, while George Schwary's Georgie Boy won the Futurity.
Del Mar's 43-day season runs from July 16 to Sept. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Speaking of Which Makes Grade at Calder