Delaware Park announced May 21 that John Mooney has been named executive director of racing. In that position, Mooney will oversee the track's racing office, as well as its track and backside maintenance operations.
“The hiring of John Mooney further exemplifies Delaware Park’s commitment to racing,” said Bill Fasy, chief operating officer for Delaware Park. “We are confident that John’s knowledge of the racing industry as well as his expertise in relationship building will further enrich Delaware Park’s reputation as one of the foremost racing venues on the East coast.”
Mooney has served as the general manager of Delaware Park, the COO of the Maryland Jockey Club as well as the president of the Virginia/Maryland racing circuit.
Located near Wilmington, Delaware Park is also home to more than 3,000 slot machines.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- DiEmanuele Named to Woodbine's Board
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Nutritional Management of Insulin Resistance in Horses