Delaware Park announced May 21 that John Mooney has been named executive director of racing. In that position, Mooney will oversee the track's racing office, as well as its track and backside maintenance operations.
“The hiring of John Mooney further exemplifies Delaware Park’s commitment to racing,” said Bill Fasy, chief operating officer for Delaware Park. “We are confident that John’s knowledge of the racing industry as well as his expertise in relationship building will further enrich Delaware Park’s reputation as one of the foremost racing venues on the East coast.”
Mooney has served as the general manager of Delaware Park, the COO of the Maryland Jockey Club as well as the president of the Virginia/Maryland racing circuit.
Located near Wilmington, Delaware Park is also home to more than 3,000 slot machines.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts