Nathanson, who previously served as general manager and senior vice president of the horse racing network under former parent company Gemstar-TV Guide International, will report directly to Fred Amoroso, the chief executive officer of Macrovision Solutions Corp., which acquired Gemstar May 2.
TVG recently announced it is now available in 30 million households in the United States, surpassing the distribution levels of such networks as NBA TV, YES, CSTV, Fox Soccer Channel, and Fuel TV.
“I take great pride in the work we’ve been able to accomplish to date at TVG,” said Nathanson in a news release. “It would be an understatement to say that our success has been anything less than a team effort.”
TVG in 2007 handled a record $478 million in total wagers on its four wagering platforms, and followed that with processing $108.8 million in handle during the first quarter of 2008, the highest first-quarter total in the company’s history and a 32% increase over the first quarter of 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- TOBA November Member of the Month
- TOBA Ownership Webcasts
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014