Nathanson, who previously served as general manager and senior vice president of the horse racing network under former parent company Gemstar-TV Guide International, will report directly to Fred Amoroso, the chief executive officer of Macrovision Solutions Corp., which acquired Gemstar May 2.
TVG recently announced it is now available in 30 million households in the United States, surpassing the distribution levels of such networks as NBA TV, YES, CSTV, Fox Soccer Channel, and Fuel TV.
“I take great pride in the work we’ve been able to accomplish to date at TVG,” said Nathanson in a news release. “It would be an understatement to say that our success has been anything less than a team effort.”
TVG in 2007 handled a record $478 million in total wagers on its four wagering platforms, and followed that with processing $108.8 million in handle during the first quarter of 2008, the highest first-quarter total in the company’s history and a 32% increase over the first quarter of 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream