Trained by Robert Tiller for 3 Sons Racing Stable, the 4-year-old Ontario-bred Trajectory gelding takes on eight rivals in the seven-furlong event, the featured race on the Victorian Day holiday program.
Dancer's Bajan threw in a rare clunker in his last start May 10 on the Toronto oval, finishing sixth, more than four lengths behind Main Executive in the New Providence Stakes. But jockey Corey Fraser thinks Dancer's Bajan will be back on his game in his second start of the year.
"He's just an honest, hard-trying horse who gives you his all every single race," said Fraser. "He's a very cool horse to be around."
In addition to his love of Woodbine's Polytrack, Dancer's Bajan has proven very effective at seven furlongs with a record of three wins, one second and one third. He has earned more than $500,000 in a career that includes 13 top three finishes in 16 starts.
Alezzandro, second in last year's Queen's Plate and winner of the Prince of Wales Stakes, second jewel in the Canadian Triple Crown Series, makes his 4-year-old debut in the Vigil.
$150,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III, Race 9, 5:02 p.m.), 4 & Up, 7 Furlongs (All Weather)
PP. Horse, Weight, Jockey
1. Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk (ON), 115, David Clark
2. Sail From Seattle (ON), 115, Robert C. Landry
3. Lake Secret (ON), 119, Patrick Husbands
4. Payday Peril (KY), 115, James McAleney
5. Dancer's Bajan (ON), 119, Corey Fraser
6. Torquay (KY), 119, Eurico Rosa Da Silva
7. Alezzandro (ON), 119, Jono C. Jones
8. Disfunction (BC), 117, Emile Ramsammy
9. Storm Caller (KY), 115, Tyler Pizarro
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award