Trained by Robert Tiller for 3 Sons Racing Stable, the 4-year-old Ontario-bred Trajectory gelding takes on eight rivals in the seven-furlong event, the featured race on the Victorian Day holiday program.
Dancer's Bajan threw in a rare clunker in his last start May 10 on the Toronto oval, finishing sixth, more than four lengths behind Main Executive in the New Providence Stakes. But jockey Corey Fraser thinks Dancer's Bajan will be back on his game in his second start of the year.
"He's just an honest, hard-trying horse who gives you his all every single race," said Fraser. "He's a very cool horse to be around."
In addition to his love of Woodbine's Polytrack, Dancer's Bajan has proven very effective at seven furlongs with a record of three wins, one second and one third. He has earned more than $500,000 in a career that includes 13 top three finishes in 16 starts.
Alezzandro, second in last year's Queen's Plate and winner of the Prince of Wales Stakes, second jewel in the Canadian Triple Crown Series, makes his 4-year-old debut in the Vigil.
$150,000 Vigil Stakes (Can-III, Race 9, 5:02 p.m.), 4 & Up, 7 Furlongs (All Weather)
PP. Horse, Weight, Jockey
1. Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk (ON), 115, David Clark
2. Sail From Seattle (ON), 115, Robert C. Landry
3. Lake Secret (ON), 119, Patrick Husbands
4. Payday Peril (KY), 115, James McAleney
5. Dancer's Bajan (ON), 119, Corey Fraser
6. Torquay (KY), 119, Eurico Rosa Da Silva
7. Alezzandro (ON), 119, Jono C. Jones
8. Disfunction (BC), 117, Emile Ramsammy
9. Storm Caller (KY), 115, Tyler Pizarro
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online