The Kentucky-bred colt, produced from the Secret Ibis mare Jubilees Galore, set off the early pace of Orchestrated before taking charge inside the sixteenth pole. Trained by Valora Testerman for owner Jason Quinzer, Just Humm completed the 4 ½ furlongs in :52.54, just a little more than a second off Countess Diana’s track record of :51.50, set June 6, 1997.
Just Humm was bred by Highland Meadows Farm.
A 10-year-old son of Dixieland Band, Bowman’s Band won seven of 34 starts, including the grade II Meadowlands Breeders’ Cup Stakes (gr. II) at age 5, and earned $1,315,774. In addition to winning three other stakes, Bowman’s Band finished second or third in 14 other stakes. His second-place finishes included the grade I Oaklawn Handicap, Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I), and Philip H. Iselin Handicap (gr. II) and he was third in the Whitney, Pimlico Special, and Woodward, all grade I, among others.
Bowman's Band stands at Lane's End Farm for a 2008 fee of $6,000.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay