Macrovision Corp. announced May 2 that it has completed its acquisition of Gemstar-TV Guide, the parent company of the TVG horse racing network.
Macrovision has said it intends to explore a sale of some Gemstar assets after the $2.8 billion deal closed, including TVG, and the TV Guide print magazine
Shares of the resulting company, Macrovision Solutions Corp., will begin trading on the NASDAQ Global Select Market on May 5. The common stock for Macrovision and Gemstar-TV Guide will cease to be traded and will no longer be quoted on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
In accordance with the transaction, on an outstanding shares basis, former Macrovision stockholders now own approximately 53% and former Gemstar-TV Guide stockholders own approximately 47% of Macrovision Solutions Corporation.
Most Popular Stories
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases