(from Beulah Park release)
Peruvian-born jockey Edgar Paucar became the latest rider nationally to reach career win number 1,000 aboard Lil E’s Express in the eight race at Ohio's Beulah Park on April 29.
The 33-year-old Paucar has amassed 120 wins at the current meet, 71 more than his nearest competito as he closes in on his sixth riding title over the Grove City oval. Since shifting his tack to Ohio in the Fall of 2004, Paucar has set modern day records for victories at Beulah and won two titles at River Downs.
A Graduate of the famed riding school that has produced the likes of Edgar Prado, Rafael Bejarano and Jorge Chavez, Paucar began his United States career in Massachusetts where he rode at Suffolk Downs and Northampton Fair before moving to Grove City.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- Parranda Seeks More Gulf Glory in Honey Fox