(from Beulah Park release)
Peruvian-born jockey Edgar Paucar became the latest rider nationally to reach career win number 1,000 aboard Lil E’s Express in the eight race at Ohio's Beulah Park on April 29.
The 33-year-old Paucar has amassed 120 wins at the current meet, 71 more than his nearest competito as he closes in on his sixth riding title over the Grove City oval. Since shifting his tack to Ohio in the Fall of 2004, Paucar has set modern day records for victories at Beulah and won two titles at River Downs.
A Graduate of the famed riding school that has produced the likes of Edgar Prado, Rafael Bejarano and Jorge Chavez, Paucar began his United States career in Massachusetts where he rode at Suffolk Downs and Northampton Fair before moving to Grove City.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North