(from Churchill Downs release)
The team that won the 2007 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with Street Sense will reunite at Churchill Downs, the scene of their stirring victory, for a special book signing April 27.
Trainer and 2008 Thoroughbred racing Hall of Fame inductee Carl Nafzger, jockey Calvin Borel, and owner/breeder James Tafel will join author John Asher of Churchill Downs to autograph a special collectors’ edition of Kentucky Derby, the official Kentucky Derby coffee table book, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. (EDT).
Published by Moonlight Press, Kentucky Derby is limited to just 250 total copies. Sunday’s book signing is the first of only two opportunities to purchase the beautifully bound volume. After Sunday’s signing at Churchill Downs, the remaining copies in this limited run will be available for purchase exclusively through www.secretariat.com.
The book is accompanied by an official DVD of the dramatic victory by Street Sense in Kentucky Derby 133, available to the public only through the purchase of Kentucky Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014