The widely acclaimed film will remain in Truly Indie theaters in New York (Cinema Village), Los Angeles (Sunset Laemmle), Boston (Kendall Square), Chicago (Century), Denver (Chez Artist), Philadelphia (Ritz at the Bourse) and San Diego (Hillcrest) through May 1. The film will also continue its Kentucky run in Lexington (Kentucky Theatre), Louisville (Stonybrook 20), and Florence (Florence Cinemas). The film also holds over in Cleveland (Cedar Lee).
In addition to those theaters, it is scheduled to make its debut at the Saratoga Film Forum in Saratoga Springs today (April 24) and in Atlanta (Midtown Arts), Milwaukee (Downer) and Seattle (Varsity) April 25. Santa Ana, Calif. (South Coast Village), Muskegon, Mich. (Harbor Theatre) and Paducah, Ky. (Maiden Alley Cinema) also join the list.
“The response to the film has been overwhelming and we’re thrilled that so many people have come out to see it,” said John Hennegan. “We can only hope that they will continue to recommend it to others while it is still playing in theaters.”
The film, produced by the Hennegan Brothers and distributed in association with Churchill Downs Inc., profiles six trainers as they try to make their way to the 2006 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I). Barbaro and Michael Matz are among those profiled.
The Hennegan Brothers have pledged a percentage of box office receipts, as well as a portion of revenues from DVD sales, to the Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, the nation’s leading source of private funding for equine research.
Additional information about the film, including an updated list of theaters and dates, is available at www.thefirstsaturdayinmay.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk