Favored Hadavision notched her first career added-money victory in the opening day $100,300 Peach Blossom Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at Delaware Park April 19.
Ridden by Ramon Dominguez, the 3-year-old daughter of Vision and Verse won by a half length and covered the six furlongs in 1:10.79 over a fast track.
Hadavision raced close up in third along the inside as Sentebale set a strong pace (:22.72, :45.77). The winner moved up between horses in the lane and ran down a stubborn Big Easy, who had inherited the lead in upper stretch, to gain the victory.
Mark Shuman trains the dark brown filly for owner Elite Stables. She returned $7, $4.80 and $3.40 as the slight choice in the field of six. Big Easy (4.60, $2.80), with A.R. Napravnik aboard, ran second and it was another 1 1/4 lengths further back to True Intentions ($3.40) with Pablos Morales aloft.
Hadavision raised her career record to three wins from five starts with earnings of $111,600. Mary Ann Smith bred Hadavision, who is out of Marquesa Lana, by Hadif, in Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online