Sherman's suspension, which was imposed by stewards at Bay Meadows, began April 12 and runs through April 21, the CHRB said in a statement released April 18. Stewards originally suspended the 69-year-old trainer for 30 days as a result of the two Class 3 violations. The CHRB agreed to stay 20 days provided Sherman has no additional Class 1, 2 or 3 violations during a one-year probationary period.
Both Brahma Bull and Hatif exceeded the regulatory threshold of 37.0mml/l for TCO2, according to the CHRB. The presence of excess TCO2 in a horse's system, which is the result of giving sodium bicarbonate and electrolytes, is commonly referred to as a “milkshake.”
Brahma Bull finished second in the fourth race at Bay Meadows on Dec. 2, 2006. Hatif finished second in the 10th race at Golden Gate Fields on June 10, 2007.
Most Popular Stories
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%