NCLGS is an organization of state legislators whose main area of public policy concern is gaming regulation and legislation.
The meeting will include a look at state and federal pari-mutuel initiatives, updates on the Association of Racing Commissioners International wagering and medication developments, and a discussion of the National Racing Compact.
The organization will also report on pros and cons of synthetic racing surfaces and controversial veterinary practices such as shock wave therapy, heel nerving and anabolic steroid use.
The meeting is at the Napa Valley Marriott Hotel and Spa. Go to www.nclgs.org to register or for further information.
Most Popular Stories
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico