NCLGS is an organization of state legislators whose main area of public policy concern is gaming regulation and legislation.
The meeting will include a look at state and federal pari-mutuel initiatives, updates on the Association of Racing Commissioners International wagering and medication developments, and a discussion of the National Racing Compact.
The organization will also report on pros and cons of synthetic racing surfaces and controversial veterinary practices such as shock wave therapy, heel nerving and anabolic steroid use.
The meeting is at the Napa Valley Marriott Hotel and Spa. Go to www.nclgs.org to register or for further information.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?