Proud Spell, a daughter of Proud Citizen who handed 2-year-old filly champion Indian Blessing her first career loss in the Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II), and Country Star, an Empire Maker filly with grade I victories in Keeneland’s Darley Alcibiades and the Hollywood Starlet, were close at the top of the roster of 24 wagering interests in Pool 3. Proud Spell stood at odds of 7-2 at the end of betting April 4 and was favored over Country Star, who was a 5-1 risk.
The $500,000 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at 1 1/8 miles is May 2 at Churchill Downs.
A total of $9,335 was wagered through the first two days of the KOFW Pool. Wagering is set to resume at noon (all times EDT) April 5. Betting in Pool 3 will close April 6 at 6:30 p.m.
Friday’s betting saw a surge in support for Shes All Eltish, the winner of last week’s Bonnie Miss (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park. Odds on Shes All Eltish dipped from 17-1 to 7-1, and she was a narrow third choice over the mutuel field, which includes all 3-year-old fillies other than the 23 individual horses in Pool 3. The “all others” wager was the 8-1 fourth choice and was followed by Eight Belles at 10-1 and Bsharpsonata and Pure Clan, who closed at odds of 13-1.
Proud Spell, Country Star, and Bsharpsonata are among six Pool 3 wagering fillies that will compete in the Ashland, while Eight Belles, Pure Clan, and French Kiss will run in the $250,000 Fantasy (gr. II) April 6 at Oaklawn Park.
Real time odds on Pool 3 of the KOFW are available on the official Kentucky Oaks Web site at www.kentuckyoaks.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online