HorseRacing TV will provide live coverage of Thoroughbred racing's richest day when it presents Dubai World Cup Day from Nad Al Sheba Racecourse in the United Arab Emirates on March 29.
Carolyn Conley and Jeff Siegel will anchor the coverage beginning at 9 a.m. EST. In addition, HRTV's Scott Hazelton will be in Dubai reporting for the event's World Feed, which HRTV will carry. Dubai World Cup Day is the crowning evening of the annual Dubai Racing Carnival, which HRTV has aired this winter.
The 13th running of the Dubai World Cup program offers seven stakes races and combined $21 million in purse money. The headline event is the $6-million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) at 1 1/4 miles. The race will be headed by the 2007 Horse of the Year Curlin, who opened his 4-year-old campaign with a dominant performance in a prep race from Dubai in February. The Steven Asmussen-trained superstar may face up to 12 rivals. Estimated post time for the World Cup is 1:30 p.m. EST.
The undercard is topped by a pair of $5 million turf events: the Dubai Duty Free (UAE-IT), with a scheduled post-time of 11:55 a.m. EST, and the Dubai Sheema Classic (UAE-IT), with a scheduled post-time of 12:40 p.m. EST. The Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) will begin the stakes slate at 9:40 a.m. EST.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29