In the Goddess Stakes, a 1 1/16-mile test for older fillies and mares, the 9-10 favorite Unforgotten took command on the final turn and cruised to a 4 1/2-length victory while drawing away. Dallas Stewart saddled the 4-year-old Northern Afleet filly for owner Robert A. Adams, who co-bred the Florida bay along with Charles T. Rognom.
Unforgotten carried 116 pounds to victory while clocking the distance in 1:45.34 on a fast track. Kathleens Reel, ridden by Curt Bourque, ran second while toting co-high weight of 123 pounds. Game for More and Gerard Melancon finished four lengths farther back in third. Six competed.
The victory by Unforgotten was the fourth of her 13-race career. She earned $60,000 for the effort, which raised her lifetime bankroll to $181,453. She paid $3.80.
In the 1 1/16-mile Gulf Coast Classic, Graham guided Good and Lucky to a front-running 2 3/4-length win in a time of 1:44.19.
Josie Carroll trains Good and Lucky, a 5-year-old Florida-bred gelding by Wild Rush, for owners James and Alice Sapara. Good and Lucky tallied his sixth win from 15 starts and increased his earnings to $246,783.
Good and Lucky carried 118 pounds as the 19-10 second choice in the field of five, paying $5.80 for the victory. Crossword, Corey Lanerie in the irons, held second by a head over 9-10 favorite Beta Capo, ridden by Melancon.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu Stakes
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Eluisve Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double