The National Thoroughbred Racing Association will host an equine tax seminar at Keeneland near Lexington April 7.
The seminar will be hosted by Thomas A. "Tad" Davis, a partner in the Washington, D.C. law firm Davis & Harman, and author of numerous guides on tax matters affecting horse owners, including "Tax Tips for Horse Owners" and "Horse Owners and Breeders Tax Handbook."
"We encourage current and prospective horse owners as well as consignors and sellers to take this opportunity to learn about changes to the Federal tax code that can positively impact their business," said Peggy Hendershot, NTRA senior vice president of legislative affairs.
The seminar will be held on the first floor of Keeneland's grandstand near the Equestrian room. It begins at 9:30 a.m. with a presentation by Davis, followed by a group Q & A session that will conclude at 10:30 a.m. Seating is limited.
Most Popular Stories
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico