Augusta Proud, ridden by Clare Lindop for trainer Leon Macdonald, led all-the-way to run a race record 1.09.85 (after dashing seven lengths clear coming to the bend) to defeat fellow filly Complete Control (Rubiton-General Resolve, by General Nediym) and fast-finishing colt Shadrach (Lonhro-Autumn Belle, by Bellotto).
Augusta Proud (passed-in for $47,500 as a yearling at the 2007 Magic Millions Adelaide Sale) now has five wins, including the Marsh Breeders' Stakes over six furlongs at Morphettville on March 1 and the listed Blue Sky Thoroughbreds Stakes also at Morphettville on Feb. 9, from five starts, with earnings of Aus$425,603.
Two races later Vinery Stud sire Testa Rossa (Perugino-Bo Dapper, by Sir Dapper) added a feature success when his extra smart and favored gelding son Tosstestaroan (Testa Rossa-Moll Flanders, by His Royal Highness) scored a 2 1/4-length victory in the $200,000 Magic Millions Adelaide 3YO Trophy (over a mile) at Morphettville. Tosstestaroan, also ridden by Lindop for trainer Macdonald, defeated the fillies Truly Beautiful (Beautiful Crown-Zabstar, by Zabeel) who won last year’s Magic Millions Adelaide 2YO Classic and La Viscomtessa (Viscount-La Favorita, by Seattle Dancer).
Tosstestaroan (a $41,000 yearling consigned by Fulmen Park at the 2006 Magic Millions Adelaide Sale) now has six wins, including the listed Adelaide Guineas over a mile at Morphettville on March 1, and four placings from 11 starts for $273,090 earnings.
Both he and Augusta Proud will now head north to compete in the $1.5million Gold Coast 2YO and 3YO Classics on 24 March.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Digging Deeper into BC Lasix Study
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better