The mutuel field entry, or "all others" is right behind the two individual choices at 5-1.
There was a slight push for Winchell Thoroughbreds' Pyro after the colt won of the Louisiana Derby at Fair Grounds earlier in the day. The Steve Asmussen trainee started the day at odds of 6-1. The son of Pulpit also won the Risen Star (gr. III) at Fair Grounds.
Robert LaPenta’s unbeaten War Pass, a son of Cherokee Run trained by two-time Kentucky Derby winner Nick Zito, has seen his odds float slightly since opening at 5-2 following the first day of wagering.
Bettors wagered $101,583 March 8 to push the three-day total to $173,275. Betting on Pool 2 is scheduled to resume at noon (all times Eastern) on March 9. The pool will close at 6 p.m. Winning payouts will be based on the odds in place at the conclusion of wagering.
Other horses that attracted strong support after three days of Pool 2 of the Kentucky Derby Future Wager included Southwest (gr. III) Denis of Cork (11-1), Sham (GIII) runner-up El Gato Malo (12-1), Remsen (gr. II) winner Court Vision (17-1) and Sham (gr. III) winner Colonel John (18-1). Visionaire, winner of the Gotham Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct March 8, stands at 36-1.
The third and final pool of the 2008 Kentucky Derby Future Wager is scheduled for April 3-6. For real time odds on all 24 entries, go to www.kentuckyderby.com/2008/future-wager/odds.
Most Popular Stories
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards