“We are very pleased to welcome Bob,” said Marsha Naify, TOC board chair . “He has great energy and enthusiasm for the sport and, with his vast experience as a claiming owner, will provide a unique perspective to the board.”
Bone became an owner in 1990 and currently has more than 50 racehorses in California. Among the top horses he has campaigned are Captain Squire, Desert Boom, Bluesthestandard and Choctaw Nation. He was voted Owner of the Year by the TOC membership three consecutive times from 2003-05.
A graduate of the State University of New York in Oswego, Bone owns four automobile dealerships in the Sacramento area. He resides in Shingle Springs, Calif. with his wife, Lisa, and two sons.
“Since my background is primarily in the claiming game, I have many ideas to make racing better for claiming owners and trainers,” said Bone. “And as a horse player all my adult life, I would like to give a gambler’s perspective on many issues, as it is the gambling dollar that drives our industry.”
Bone fills a vacant board position that expires June 30, 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- Honor Code: A.P. Indy's Last Derby Hope
- After Market Purchased to Stand in Turkey
- Turfway to Increase Stakes, Allowance Purses
- Moment of the Year Voting Now Open
- Novak at the Track: Road to Derby Retrospect
- Barretts January Sale Catalog Now Online
- TimeformUS: Saturday Plays
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana