“We are very pleased to welcome Bob,” said Marsha Naify, TOC board chair . “He has great energy and enthusiasm for the sport and, with his vast experience as a claiming owner, will provide a unique perspective to the board.”
Bone became an owner in 1990 and currently has more than 50 racehorses in California. Among the top horses he has campaigned are Captain Squire, Desert Boom, Bluesthestandard and Choctaw Nation. He was voted Owner of the Year by the TOC membership three consecutive times from 2003-05.
A graduate of the State University of New York in Oswego, Bone owns four automobile dealerships in the Sacramento area. He resides in Shingle Springs, Calif. with his wife, Lisa, and two sons.
“Since my background is primarily in the claiming game, I have many ideas to make racing better for claiming owners and trainers,” said Bone. “And as a horse player all my adult life, I would like to give a gambler’s perspective on many issues, as it is the gambling dollar that drives our industry.”
Bone fills a vacant board position that expires June 30, 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online