LaCroix was fined after the Ken Maddy equine testing facility at the University of California-Davis reported that blood and urine samples taken from a horse in his care, Happyhour Atthebrig, exceeded the regulatory threshold for clenbuterol, a Class III violation. Happyhour Atthebrig finished second in the fourth race at Hollywood Park on Dec. 1.
The Maddy Lab also reported that Conlon's horse, Tommys Luck, exceeded the allowable limits for clenbuterol in blood and urine samples after winning the sixth race at Hollywood Park on Nov. 21.
The stewards disqualified Happyhour Atthebrig and Tommys Luck and ordered redistribution of the purses.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury