LaCroix was fined after the Ken Maddy equine testing facility at the University of California-Davis reported that blood and urine samples taken from a horse in his care, Happyhour Atthebrig, exceeded the regulatory threshold for clenbuterol, a Class III violation. Happyhour Atthebrig finished second in the fourth race at Hollywood Park on Dec. 1.
The Maddy Lab also reported that Conlon's horse, Tommys Luck, exceeded the allowable limits for clenbuterol in blood and urine samples after winning the sixth race at Hollywood Park on Nov. 21.
The stewards disqualified Happyhour Atthebrig and Tommys Luck and ordered redistribution of the purses.
Most Popular Stories
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards