According to the Santa Anita daily barn notes, among the horses being transferred from trainer Bob Baffert to either trainer Steve Asmussen or Bill Mott are Triple Crown nominees Massive Drama, third-place finisher in Sunday’s grade II San Vicente Stakes; Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) third-place finisher Maimonides, who was purchased as a yearling for $4.6 million; and J Be K, who set a track record in his career debut last August. J Be K is entered in an allowance race at Fair Grounds for Thursday, Feb. 14.
Problems associated with the Cushion Track artificial surface at Santa Anita and efforts to fix the track have led to cancellation of 11 live racing cards during the current meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Chad Brown Fillies Vie for Florida Oaks
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome