According to the Santa Anita daily barn notes, among the horses being transferred from trainer Bob Baffert to either trainer Steve Asmussen or Bill Mott are Triple Crown nominees Massive Drama, third-place finisher in Sunday’s grade II San Vicente Stakes; Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) third-place finisher Maimonides, who was purchased as a yearling for $4.6 million; and J Be K, who set a track record in his career debut last August. J Be K is entered in an allowance race at Fair Grounds for Thursday, Feb. 14.
Problems associated with the Cushion Track artificial surface at Santa Anita and efforts to fix the track have led to cancellation of 11 live racing cards during the current meet.
Most Popular Stories
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- Free Mammography Screening at Turfway Dec. 27
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired