Moss, 72, a Democrat from Los Angeles, has been a commissioner on the board since 2004. The former record industry executive began racing horses in 1970 and has had a breeding and ownership partnership with his wife, Ann, for many years.
Among the more than 40 stakes winners they have raced are Fighting Fit, Ruhlmann, Sardula, Kudos, Lexicon, Tarlow, Giacomo, Tiago, Spellbinder, and Zenyatta.
Moss co-founded the A&M record label in 1962 and served as a managing partner of the label until its sale in 1989. From 1989 to 1993, Moss continued to serve in managing capacities for the label. He is a member of the board of visitors at the University of California, Los Angeles, School of Arts and Architecture.
The position requires California Senate confirmation and the compensation is $100 per diem.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity