ROAP was launched in July 2005 to enhance the integrity of racing by coordinating the accreditation and continuing education for all racing officials, stewards, and judges.
Voss-Franco will oversee the program’s day-to-day operations and will work with racing commissions and tracks from The Jockey Club’s Lexington office. She will also work with the University of Arizona and the University of Louisville to coordinate ROAP’s efforts.
“ROAP has accomplished a number of key objectives in the two-and-a-half years since its launch, but the program has reached the point where it needs a dedicated, full-time professional at the helm to spearhead its efforts on a daily basis,” said Bowker. “Jennifer’s experience and her knowledge will enable her to provide administrative management, direction and support of ROAP programs.”
Voss-Franco previously served as program facilitator for the North American Racing Academy in Lexington, and served as registrar for the American Holsteiner Horse Association in Georgetown, Ky.
Voss-Franco obtained a bachelor’s degree in management and a master’s degree in business administration from Dowling College in Oakdale, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Speaking of Which Makes Grade at Calder