The overlooked nominee is Ode’s Tribute, a chestnut colt bred in New Jersey by John and Susan Cullen and owned by the Cullens’ Dream Maker Thoroughbreds. He is trained by Patrick McBurney.
The early nomination period, which required a nomination fee of $600 per horse, ended Saturday, January 19.
Late nominations for the three grade I races – the 134th Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands, 133rd Preakness Stakes and 140th Belmont Stakes – will be taken until Saturday, March 29. The nomination fee in the late period is $6,000 per horse.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident