The overlooked nominee is Ode’s Tribute, a chestnut colt bred in New Jersey by John and Susan Cullen and owned by the Cullens’ Dream Maker Thoroughbreds. He is trained by Patrick McBurney.
The early nomination period, which required a nomination fee of $600 per horse, ended Saturday, January 19.
Late nominations for the three grade I races – the 134th Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands, 133rd Preakness Stakes and 140th Belmont Stakes – will be taken until Saturday, March 29. The nomination fee in the late period is $6,000 per horse.
Most Popular Stories
- Honor Code: A.P. Indy's Last Derby Hope
- After Market Purchased to Stand in Turkey
- Turfway to Increase Stakes, Allowance Purses
- Moment of the Year Voting Now Open
- Novak at the Track: Road to Derby Retrospect
- Barretts January Sale Catalog Now Online
- TimeformUS: Saturday Plays
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana