After winning the opener with Aisle Racer ($3.20), Paucar proceeded to win the third race with Prairie King ($5), the fifth with Tilly from Philly ($7.20), the seventh with Screaming Holly ($6.80) and the nightcap ninth with Clear Power ($5.80). The five-victory day stretched Paucar’s riding lead to 26-14 over his nearest competitor, Jose Calo.
Native to Peru, Paucar shifted his tack to Beulah Park in the fall of 2004. Since then he has won four riding titles at Beulah Park and two at River Downs in Cincinnati.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Prince Bishop Makes Strong Meydan Statement
- Silent Achiever, Vespa Win in New Zealand
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Using Bursography to Diagnose Palmar Foot Pain
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33