Borgemenke, who is currently serving as a member of Ohio House Speak Jon Husted's staff, served as chairman of the OSRC from 2002 to 2004. MEC has not publicly commented on the hire.
“If I were to name two of my greatest interests -- public policy being one -- horse racing is clearly the second,” the Dispatch quoted Borgemenke from a release. Borgemenke is the son of Ralph Borgemenke, a former jockey.
Borgemenke was a chief policy advisor and director of cabinet affairs for Gov. Robert Taft, and also worked in the Ohio Senate as director of finance and chief of staff for former Senate President Stanley J. Aronoff. His resume also includes a stint as as executive director of the Cincinnati Business Committee in 1996.
Most Popular Stories
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014