Borgemenke, who is currently serving as a member of Ohio House Speak Jon Husted's staff, served as chairman of the OSRC from 2002 to 2004. MEC has not publicly commented on the hire.
“If I were to name two of my greatest interests -- public policy being one -- horse racing is clearly the second,” the Dispatch quoted Borgemenke from a release. Borgemenke is the son of Ralph Borgemenke, a former jockey.
Borgemenke was a chief policy advisor and director of cabinet affairs for Gov. Robert Taft, and also worked in the Ohio Senate as director of finance and chief of staff for former Senate President Stanley J. Aronoff. His resume also includes a stint as as executive director of the Cincinnati Business Committee in 1996.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Drug Testing Not Without Its Challenges
- Lexie Lou Heads Ontario Lassie
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- Aftercare Alliance Awards $1M in Grants
- Jed Doro, Nancy Ury Added to Oaklawn Staff
- Brisnet.com Ultimate Guide to Aqueduct Inner
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29