“I’m thrilled," the 58-year-old trainer said. "I’m especially pleased to have my thousandth win at Tampa Bay Downs. I love it here. I’ve only been training for twelve years, so this feels pretty darn good: one thousand wins in twelve years!”
McBride won two races on the Jan. 5 Tampa Bay card to reach the milestone. Knockmanagh won the third race.
The conditioner began her career training Standardbreds, then switched to Thoroughbreds in 1994. The native of Redford Township, Mich., competes on the Florida, Indiana and Kentucky circuits. Through Jan. 5, her runners compiled $9,029,510 in earnings in 5,341 starts. She has seven lifetime stakes triumphs.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory
- Cloud Scapes Carries On to Hillsborough Score
- Testa Rossi Cruises in Florida Oaks Stretch
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Fiorente Proves Best in Australian Cup
- Vercingetorix Co-Stars on Super Saturday
- Prince Bishop Makes Strong Meydan Statement
- Silent Achiever, Vespa Win in New Zealand