“I’m thrilled," the 58-year-old trainer said. "I’m especially pleased to have my thousandth win at Tampa Bay Downs. I love it here. I’ve only been training for twelve years, so this feels pretty darn good: one thousand wins in twelve years!”
McBride won two races on the Jan. 5 Tampa Bay card to reach the milestone. Knockmanagh won the third race.
The conditioner began her career training Standardbreds, then switched to Thoroughbreds in 1994. The native of Redford Township, Mich., competes on the Florida, Indiana and Kentucky circuits. Through Jan. 5, her runners compiled $9,029,510 in earnings in 5,341 starts. She has seven lifetime stakes triumphs.
Most Popular Stories
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- Woobine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar