Nominations can be made through the mail, by telephone at either (800) 928-3372 or (502) 638-3810, online at www.thetriplecrownchallenge.com, or in person with representatives from Triple Crown Productions. Each nomination makes the horse eligible for all three races, the Derby, the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) on May 17, and the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Representatives from the three Triple Crown host tracks and Triple Crown Productions will be in Southern California, Florida, and Louisiana, beginning Tuesday, Jan. 8.
Gathering nominations at Florida racing and training venues will be Edward P. Seigenfeld, executive vice president of Triple Crown Productions; Don Richardson, senior vice president, racing, for Churchill Downs Inc.; P. J. Campo, director of racing for New York Racing Association, and Coley Blind, stakes coordinator for the Maryland Jockey Club.
Ben Huffman, director of racing and racing secretary at Churchill Downs, will be taking nominations at Fair Grounds in New Orleans, and Gene Williams, media coordinator for Triple Crown Productions, and Daniel Smith, longtime media director for Del Mar, will be at Southern California sites.
A late-nomination period, when $6,000 is required to nominate to the classics, runs from Jan. 20 to March 29.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award