The DVD follows the story of three-time Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I) winner Lava Man. The story includes interviews with trainer Doug O’Neil, jockey Corey Nakatani and with owners Jason Wood and Steve and Dave Kenly.
Garcia, who works for O'Neill, had been Lava Man's groom until he was injured.
Lava Man, who matched legendary Native Diver with his third straight Gold Cup victory in 2007, is resting from his 2007 campaign, but the 6-year-old gelding is expected to resume his career in 2008. Following his retirement, Hollywood Park will re-name The Californian (gr. II) in his honor.
The richest horse to be claimed, Lava Man ran for a tag of $12,500 while making his first career start at Stockton on June 19, 2003. Claimed for $50,000 from his 13th start on Aug. 13, 2004, at Del Mar, the California-bred son of Slew City Slew has compiled earnings of $5,214,706 -- all but $98,603 since the claim.
The DVD is available at the Hollywood Park Gift Shop or by writing Dorothy Hawthorne, c/o marketing, Hollywood Park, 1050 S. Prairie Avenue, Inglewood, CA 90301.
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- String King to Try Dirt at Fair Grounds
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Drug Testing Not Without Its Challenges
- Kentucky Steps Toward Medication Uniformity