Candidates must submit an application, resume and statement of qualifications to the CHRB headquarters office in Sacramento.
The annual salary for the position is $118,176, plus benefits. The executive director will be based in Sacramento but the duties require travel throughout the state.
The official job announcement is available on the CHRB Web site (www.chrb.ca.gov) or contact Wendy Matsuda in the headquarters office for assistance at (916) 263-6049.
A successful candidate will be a strong leader and have experience as a top-level administrator in a governmental agency or equivalent level in the private sector. It is preferred that the successful candidate have knowledge of the horse-racing industry. Desirable characteristics include creativity and innovation, credibility and integrity, good communication skills, and the vision to understand the context and mission of the CHRB and how to achieve strategic plans.
A selection committee comprised of CHRB members will review and screen all applications submitted and may interview candidates with the most competitive experience and background.
Ingrid Fermin, the current executive director, has announced her resignation effective Jan. 7, 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- NH House Rejects Expanded Gaming Bill Again