Candidates must submit an application, resume and statement of qualifications to the CHRB headquarters office in Sacramento.
The annual salary for the position is $118,176, plus benefits. The executive director will be based in Sacramento but the duties require travel throughout the state.
The official job announcement is available on the CHRB Web site (www.chrb.ca.gov) or contact Wendy Matsuda in the headquarters office for assistance at (916) 263-6049.
A successful candidate will be a strong leader and have experience as a top-level administrator in a governmental agency or equivalent level in the private sector. It is preferred that the successful candidate have knowledge of the horse-racing industry. Desirable characteristics include creativity and innovation, credibility and integrity, good communication skills, and the vision to understand the context and mission of the CHRB and how to achieve strategic plans.
A selection committee comprised of CHRB members will review and screen all applications submitted and may interview candidates with the most competitive experience and background.
Ingrid Fermin, the current executive director, has announced her resignation effective Jan. 7, 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity