Southern California trainer Vladimir Cerin was handed a $7,500 fine and a 15-day suspension by stewards at Hollywood Park after two horses in his care tested positive in post-race urine samples for substances that are considered Class 3 medication violations.
In accordance with a stipulated agreement between the California Horse Racing Board and Cerin, stewards stayed the suspension provided Cerin has no further Class 1, 2 or 3 violations through Aug. 31, 2008.
North Fleet Street and Off the Richter tested positive for norpseudoephredrine and phenylpropanolamine. According to the CHRB, both substances can be found after the ingestion of herbal products containing ephedra and in several over-the-counter products for both horse and human respiratory conditions.
Off the Richter finished third in the fifth race at Fairplex Park on Sept. 10, 2006. The stewards disqualified Off the Richter and ordered a redistribution of the purse. North Fleet Street finished first in the 12th race at Fairplex on Sept. 25, 2006. North Fleet Street was disqualified and the purse redistributed in an earlier ruling.
Most Popular Stories
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays