“He has three or four cracks in his pelvis, a lacerated liver and some broken ribs,” Perrodin’s agent, Tony Martin, said Nov. 24. “They’re not going to do any surgery for a couple of days until they can stop the bleeding in his liver.”
Perrodin, 50, was thrown to the ground while warming up the juvenile filly No No Bad Kitty before the 10th race Nov. 23. After lying on the track for several minutes, Perrodin was carried by stretcher to the track ambulance and transported to the hospital. No No Bad Kitty was subsequently scratched.
The Fair Grounds veteran and native of Rayne, La., is nearing the 3,000-career win milestone. Perrodin finished 13th in the local standings last season with 30 victories from 165 mounts. In 1979, he became the second jockey in Fair Grounds history to ride six winners on a single card; the record has been matched six times since.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale