It purchased a daughter of Chineur for 100,000 euros ($148,400) from Ringfort Stud; a Redback filly for 62,000 euros ($92,000) and a first-crop Footstepsinthesand colt, consigned for breeder John McCann from Dollardstown, which made 60,000 euros ($89,000).
Leading first-crop sire Acclamation made the headlines with two colts making 97,000 euros ($143,950) and 90,000 euros ($103,350). The former, consigned by Steeple View Stud, is out of the German winner Amistad and was knocked down to Gay and Annette O’Callaghan’s Yeomanstown Stud. The latter was offered by Stephanie von Schilcher's Co Wexford-based Carrigbeg Stud and bred by Amanda Brudenell, with the buyer being Timmy Hyde's Camas Park Stud.
The day saw 263 cataloged, with 236 offered and 162 selling for 3,267,500 euros ($4,849,000), which was good for an average of 20,170 euros ($29,900).
The figures were down on the 2006 levels of 247 catalogued, 222 offered and 187 selling for 4,197,000 euros at an average of 22,444 euros.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale