The Ken Maddy Laboratory at University of California-Davis made the determination, which is a Class 3 violation. Industrial Laboratories confirmed the finding of procaine in the duplicate sample above the authorized level. Procaine is a local anesthetic but is also found in penicillin G antibiotic preparations.
Yodelay You're Who finished first in the second race at Bay Meadows on Sept. 26, 2007. A hearing is scheduled Dec. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- Free Mammography Screening at Turfway Dec. 27
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says