He retires with 5,043 wins from 31,321 races, good for 21st on the all-time list of North American riders. He notched 330 career victories at Churchill Downs – a total that includes a victory in the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) aboard Lemons Forever in 2006. Guidry’s mounts earned $100,857,648 during his career.
Churchill Downs honored the 48-year-old native of Lafayette, La., during a special ceremony in the track’s winner’s circle earlier in the day.
“It has been an honor and a privilege to ride for 33 years – it is something that can’t be taken for granted,” said Guidry. “I want to thank all the fans because without them, there would be no racing. I’d like to thank the people that gave me all the opportunities and this group of guys that I rode against.”
In the Mrs. Revere Stakes, Guidry finished seventh aboard Bel Air Beauty. Guidry's final win came in the eighth race aboard the 5-2 favorite Eaton's Gift in a $50,000 allowance race at 7 furlongs for 2-year-olds. Dale Romans trains the son of Johannesburg for owner Zayat Stables.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points