He retires with 5,043 wins from 31,321 races, good for 21st on the all-time list of North American riders. He notched 330 career victories at Churchill Downs – a total that includes a victory in the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) aboard Lemons Forever in 2006. Guidry’s mounts earned $100,857,648 during his career.
Churchill Downs honored the 48-year-old native of Lafayette, La., during a special ceremony in the track’s winner’s circle earlier in the day.
“It has been an honor and a privilege to ride for 33 years – it is something that can’t be taken for granted,” said Guidry. “I want to thank all the fans because without them, there would be no racing. I’d like to thank the people that gave me all the opportunities and this group of guys that I rode against.”
In the Mrs. Revere Stakes, Guidry finished seventh aboard Bel Air Beauty. Guidry's final win came in the eighth race aboard the 5-2 favorite Eaton's Gift in a $50,000 allowance race at 7 furlongs for 2-year-olds. Dale Romans trains the son of Johannesburg for owner Zayat Stables.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury