Though the first 216 hips, Kamarinskaya is leading the way inside the sale ring. Bloodstock advisor Lincoln Collins, under the name Kern Lillingston Associates, went to $3.2 million to acquire the Storm Catmare sold in foal to Kingmambo.
Kamarinskaya, out of Mr. P's Princess, by Mr. Prospector, is a half-sister to Irish champion Fasliyev and is from the family of Anne Campbell.
Skara Glen Stables purchased Kamarinskaya for $2.2 million at the 2006 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November mixed sale.
"That pedigree is an international pedigree," Collins said after signing the sale ticket for Kamarinskaya. "With an international pedigree like that, that (her foals) can go either way. Being in foal to Kingmambo, that (foal) is likely to go on the grass, but we can breed her to a dirt horse and probably will."
The top-priced weanling of the afternoon is the first foal out of multiple grade I winner Madcap Escapade. The bay Pulpit filly brought a final bid of $1.7 million from Eric Guillot of Southern Equine Stables.
Hill 'n' Dale Sales Agency consigned the filly, who was bred in partnership by Southern Equine, Bruce Lunsford, and Hill 'n' Dale Equine Holdings.
Hill 'n' Dale Bloodstock and Southern Equine purchased Madcap Escapade for $6 million at the 2006 Keeneland November mixed sale. Three days after watching Madcap Escapade go through the ring, Lunsford, who campaigned the daughter of Hennessy to seven wins in nine starts and earnings of $1,052,852, bought back a 50% interest in the mare.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Arqana Sale Closes With Records
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/10/2013