Three-time grade I winner Balance has been retired and will be sent to Mill Ridge Farm in Kentucky, trainer David Hofmans said Nov. 1.
The 4-year-old filly, owned by John and Jerry Amerman, finished sixth in the Emirates Airline Breeders’ Cup Distaff (gr. I) at Monmouth Park Oct. 27. The Kentucky-bred Balance is by 1995 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Thunder Gulch , out of Vertigineux, by Kris S.
"She’ll go to Mill Ridge, but we have no studs lined up yet,” Hofmans said.
Balance won the Las Virgenes (gr. I) and Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) as a 3-year-old. The bay came back this season to win the Santa Margarita Handicap (gr. I) and La Canada Stakes (gr. II), also at Santa Anita. She retires with a 6-2-5 record from 16 starts and earnings of $1,048,491.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses