Three-time grade I winner Balance has been retired and will be sent to Mill Ridge Farm in Kentucky, trainer David Hofmans said Nov. 1.
The 4-year-old filly, owned by John and Jerry Amerman, finished sixth in the Emirates Airline Breeders’ Cup Distaff (gr. I) at Monmouth Park Oct. 27. The Kentucky-bred Balance is by 1995 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Thunder Gulch , out of Vertigineux, by Kris S.
"She’ll go to Mill Ridge, but we have no studs lined up yet,” Hofmans said.
Balance won the Las Virgenes (gr. I) and Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) as a 3-year-old. The bay came back this season to win the Santa Margarita Handicap (gr. I) and La Canada Stakes (gr. II), also at Santa Anita. She retires with a 6-2-5 record from 16 starts and earnings of $1,048,491.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat