The 3-year-old colt will stand as the property of Shyman Farms, which raced him with trainer Martin Drexler. Out of the grade I-winning Carson City mare City Band, Weather Warning was bred in Kentucky by Overbrook Farm.
Weather Warning won the Manitoba Lotteries Derby Aug. 6, and in his last start, finished seventh in the Aug. 25 Canadian Derby. He nearly won the Hansel Stakes in March, running third but beaten only a head. He retired with three wins in 11 starts and earnings of $128,687
"We are very excited to acquire a young stallion of this caliber, and we appreciate Stuart Hyman's confidence in our program" commented Windfields director of farm operations Simon Cassidy. "He is the whole picture—a stakes winner with exceptional early speed, standing about 16.1, and a very correct physical type with plenty of bone and a lovely hip."
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses