The 3-year-old colt will stand as the property of Shyman Farms, which raced him with trainer Martin Drexler. Out of the grade I-winning Carson City mare City Band, Weather Warning was bred in Kentucky by Overbrook Farm.
Weather Warning won the Manitoba Lotteries Derby Aug. 6, and in his last start, finished seventh in the Aug. 25 Canadian Derby. He nearly won the Hansel Stakes in March, running third but beaten only a head. He retired with three wins in 11 starts and earnings of $128,687
"We are very excited to acquire a young stallion of this caliber, and we appreciate Stuart Hyman's confidence in our program" commented Windfields director of farm operations Simon Cassidy. "He is the whole picture—a stakes winner with exceptional early speed, standing about 16.1, and a very correct physical type with plenty of bone and a lovely hip."
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Chasing Landaluce
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points