Woodford Choice Sindy With an S Should Get Ideal Trip
Twelve 3-year-old fillies are entered in the six-furlong test and the field possesses plenty of early zip. The stalking Sindy With an S seems to have the right style, assuming the pace is a quick one, to sit just off the early leaders and come running late. The Dream Stable-owned daughter of Broken Vow did just that as the 7-5 favorite in the Safely Kept.
Sindy With an S is also a consistent lass, having never finished worse than third in seven lifetime starts, all coming this year. She has four victories and earnings of $309,959. Southern California jockey Michael Baze, who won the Manhattan Beach with her on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track in June, has the mount.
Sheets, who also likes to stalk for trainer Thomas V. Smith, should benefit by the abundance of speed as well. The daughter of Scatmandu would also relish an off-track. She upset Sindy With an S at odds of 6-1 by 4 1/4 lengths on a sloppy Calder strip in the July 7 Azalea Breeders' Cup (gr. III).
Owned by her breeder, Robert E. Masterson, Sheets followed that victory with a fourth-place showing in the Darley Test (gr. I) at Saratoga one month later. In her last start Sept. 8, Sheets weakened to fifth, beaten 3 3/4 lengths by Silmaril, in Delaware's Endine Handicap (gr. III).
Robby Albarado, who was aboard Sheets for the first time in the Azalea, regains the mount.
The Michael Trombetta trainee Control System is another who has shown the ability to rate, but she has just one start since March 24. The Pennsylvania-bred daughter of Lion Hearted was a rousing 3 1/2-length winner of Aqueduct's Cicada (gr. III) that day, her third consecutive victory to begin her career. Control System was out of action, however, for nearly six months before returning Sept. 16 with a third-place finish behind Miss Tizzy in Belmont Park's Dream Supreme.
Miss Tizzy, who went gate to wire at 16-1 in the Dream Supreme, also surfaces here for trainer Leroy Jolley.
Casino Transaction, Coco Belle, Jump On In, Lauras Last Music, Marina Ballerina, and Miss Tizzy all could have a say in a lively pace scenario.
$200,000 Miss Woodford Stakes (Race 2, 11:25 a.m.), 3-Year-Old Fillies, 6 Furlongs
PP. Horse, Jockey, Weight, ML Odds
1. Silver Knockers (MD), Joe Bravo, 119, 8/1
2. Miss Tizzy (FL), Cornelio H. Velasquez, 119, 30/1
3. Lauras Last Music (OK), John R. Velazquez, 119, 6/1
4. Casino Transaction (FL), Kent J. Desormeaux, 119, 20/1
5. Control System (PA), Julian Pimentel, 122, 15/1
6. Sindy With an S (KY), Michael C. Baze, 122, 7/1
7. Sheets (KY), Robby Albarado, 122, 4/1
8. Marina Ballerina (FL), Jose Lezcano, 119, 15/1
9. Jump On In (KY), Eddie Castro, 122, 5/1
10. Astor Park (KY), Eibar Coa, 119, 15/1
11. Coco Belle (KY), Garrett K. Gomez, 119, 6/1
12. Intentional Fever (VA), Ramon A. Dominguez, 119, 12/1
Copyright © 2015 The Blood-Horse, Inc. All Rights Reserved.