On-track handle soared by 12.18% over last year’s Belmont Park Fall total, from $30,557,666 with a daily average of $925,990, to $34,280,261 with a daily average of $1,038,796. The 2007 Belmont Park Fall races were bet enthusiastically at simulcast sites as well, as all-sources wagering rose 3.67% from $334,147,227 last fall to $346,423,312 this fall. Daily average all-sources handle was $10,497,676, up from $10,125,674.
Purses also were significantly higher at Belmont Park this fall. The meet’s gross purses of $21,719,940 represent an 11.81% rise over last year’s total of $19,425,186, for a daily average of $658,180, compared with $588,642 last fall.
Attendance figures also bucked national trends by registering significant gains—up 8.05% to 165,045 for the 33-day meet, compared with 152,743 for last year’s corresponding 33-day meet.
“We are pleased with our increase in purses, handle and attendance as we continue to outperform the industry. We look forward to a strong Aqueduct meet with the 12% increase in purses and a strong stakes program,” said a Belmont spokesman in a written release.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Dynamic Trade Continues at Arqana Sale