The 5-year-old horse has now competed in six countries and has been successful in four of them. The son of Indian Ridge has found the winner’s enclosure in Dubai, England, Germany, and now Italy.
Miles Gloriosus took the lead from the break and led the field of seven for the first five furlongs. Echo of Light, the son of Dubai Millennium seeking his first group I score, tracked Miles Gloriosus in second under Frankie Dettori, and took command as the leader began to falter.
Linngari, held up in mid-division during the early stages of the race, responded to jockey Jimmy Fortune’s urging and took over the lead from Echo of Light with two furlongs to go. Fortune kept Linngari under a drive and the pair won impressively, easily holding off Golden Titus by a half-length.
Echo of Light stayed on for third, 4 1/2-lengths further back. Time for the mile over the good turf course was 1:37.5.
Linngari is trained in France by Alain de Royer-Dupre for his owner, Peter Walichnowski. He is out of the Kahyasi mare, Lidakiya, and was bred in Ireland by the Aga Khan.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in HK Vase
- Akeed Mofeed Takes Hong Kong Cup
- Glorious Days Closes to Win HK Mile
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush