The 5-year-old horse has now competed in six countries and has been successful in four of them. The son of Indian Ridge has found the winner’s enclosure in Dubai, England, Germany, and now Italy.
Miles Gloriosus took the lead from the break and led the field of seven for the first five furlongs. Echo of Light, the son of Dubai Millennium seeking his first group I score, tracked Miles Gloriosus in second under Frankie Dettori, and took command as the leader began to falter.
Linngari, held up in mid-division during the early stages of the race, responded to jockey Jimmy Fortune’s urging and took over the lead from Echo of Light with two furlongs to go. Fortune kept Linngari under a drive and the pair won impressively, easily holding off Golden Titus by a half-length.
Echo of Light stayed on for third, 4 1/2-lengths further back. Time for the mile over the good turf course was 1:37.5.
Linngari is trained in France by Alain de Royer-Dupre for his owner, Peter Walichnowski. He is out of the Kahyasi mare, Lidakiya, and was bred in Ireland by the Aga Khan.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- NYRA May Lose Skorton as Chairman
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code