Baze, North America's all-time leading jockey, won with one of his six rides on the eight-race card. Five of his mounts went off as favorites. The victory came aboard 4-5 choice Highly Quick for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer in the fifth race, a $25,000 claiming race for fillies and mares. Baze also had two seconds and a third-place showing during the night, which began with cloudy skies and a fast track. Conditions had turned to wet fast and rainy by the program's mid-point.
Baze won six races of seven races Oct. 18 at Bay Meadows, bettering his 5-for-6 afternoon the preceding day. The 49-year-old rider also won with his final ride Oct. 14, giving him 12 victories in 14 mounts.
According to Equibase, Baze once again leads the nation in victories this year with 319 through Oct. 19 -- 39 ahead of his closest challenger, Ramon Dominguez. He has had 947 mounts for a 33.7% win rate. The longtime Northern California standout missed 11 racing days in September while serving a suspension for misusing his whip.
Baze has an all-time best 9,878 wins in his career.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014