Sona has partnered with The Jockey Club Technology Services to provide hosting, around-the-clock managed services, and data communications for the NYRA mobile wagering contract, the company announced in news release. The new mobile wagering application for NYRA will be powered by Sona’s web and trademarked wireless platform, mWager.
The Sona-powered mobile wagering application functionality includes horse, owner and trainer names, runner number, and morning line, as well as live current odds, scratches, race results. The application has the ability to securely place all wagers via a customer’s mobile device, including BlackBerry and Windows Mobile cellular phones.
“We selected Sona because they successfully demonstrated a thorough understanding of server-based gaming and wagering applications for mobile devices,” said John Ryan, NYRA senior vice president and CAO, in the release. “Through our new mobile wagering application, customers will be able to receive real-time racing and wagering information from cell phones, handhelds and PDAs.”
Sona and The Jockey Club Techonolgy Services were also involved in the launch of NYRA’s Internet wagering earlier this year.
The contract is exclusive with Sona, and is for a three-year term, with NYRA having the option to renew for an additional year. This agreement and application are subject to all necessary regulatory approvals.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses