Sire of four stakes winners, Monarchos won the 2001 Kentucky Derby in the second-fastest time in the race’s storied history. His top performer this year is multiple graded stakes-placed Moyer's Pond, an earner of nearly $250,000. Moyer's Pond has placed in the Ohio (gr. II), West Virginia (gr. III), and Lone Star (gr. III) derbys.
During his 3-year-old campaign, Monarchos also won the Florida Derby (gr. I) in dramatic fashion and placed in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) and Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. II).
Monarchos , a 9-year-old son of Maria's Mon out of the Dixieland Band mare Regal Band, waS bred in Kentucky by J.D. Squires. He will stand for $6,000 (foal stands and nurses) for the 2008 season. He previously stood at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay