Sire of four stakes winners, Monarchos won the 2001 Kentucky Derby in the second-fastest time in the race’s storied history. His top performer this year is multiple graded stakes-placed Moyer's Pond, an earner of nearly $250,000. Moyer's Pond has placed in the Ohio (gr. II), West Virginia (gr. III), and Lone Star (gr. III) derbys.
During his 3-year-old campaign, Monarchos also won the Florida Derby (gr. I) in dramatic fashion and placed in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) and Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. II).
Monarchos , a 9-year-old son of Maria's Mon out of the Dixieland Band mare Regal Band, waS bred in Kentucky by J.D. Squires. He will stand for $6,000 (foal stands and nurses) for the 2008 season. He previously stood at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Slideshow: Royal Delta