A 4-year-old by Devon Lane who won all five starts this year including the grade I Princess Rooney Handicap and Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) in her last start Aug. 17, River's Prayer injured a sesamoid. She was being pointed to the new Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint at Monmouth Park Oct. 26.
Owned by Bantry Farms, Paula Capestro, and Martin Racing Stable, River's Prayer finished her career with nine wins, eight of them stakes, in 16 starts, and earnings of $921,958. Capestro also trains the filly. She bought her privately after she was bought back for $180,000 at the 2005 Barretts March sale of 2-year-olds in training. She was originally sold as a yearling at the 2004 Barretts October sale for $15,000.
Bred in California by Vessels Stallion Farm, River's Prayer is out of the Cozzene mare Cozzy Flyer.
She will be consigned at Keeneland by Taylor Made Sales Agency.
River's Prayer also scored in this year's Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT), Great Lady M Stakes, and Irish O'Brien Stakes as well as two stakes in 2006 and one in her juvenile campaign.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres