Camelia Casby’s Law Enforcement is listed as the 4-5 early favorite in the race, the eighth on the card. An undefeated son of Posse, Law Enforcement won the Sept. 3 Aspirant Stakes at Finger Lakes by 7 1/2 lengths in 1:10.09 for the six furlongs. That effort followed his July 20 career debut at Belmont Park, when he broke his maiden in 1:02.53 going 5 1/2 furlongs. Trained by Mark Hennig, he starts from post seven and will be ridden by John Grabowski.
The Malibu Moon filly By the Light will also make a second appearance at Finger Lakes after winning the Sept. 3 Lady Finger Stakes by 5 1/4 lengths for trainer Richard Dutrow and Jay Em Ess Stable. Her six-furlong time of 1:11.10 was just one second slower than Law Enforcement’s on the same day. A jockey has yet to be named on By the Light, with Grabowski opting to ride the favorite.
$269,200 New York Breeders’ Futurity (Race 8, 4:19 p.m.), six furlongs, 2-year-olds, dirt
PP, Horse, Odds, Jockey
1. Barossa, 12-1, Jose David Osorio
2. By the Light, 7-2, rider TBA
3. Mr. Destiny, 10-1 Robert Messina
4. Canadian Ballet, 6-1, John Davilla, Jr.
5. Thunder Buddy, 8-1, Jeremias Flores
6. Diamond District, 30-1, Dean Joseph Frates
7. Law Enforcement, 4-5, John Grabowski
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity