The bay filly, already named Horse Creek, was consigned by McFadden Farm as agent for Joe Adcock and Neal McFadden and was purchased by Bradley Zaunbercher and Eric Thomas.
Out of the Broad Brush mare Young Brodie, the filly is a half-sister to Jiggs Coz, by Cozzene, who this year has won the Plate Trial Stakes and Queenston Stakes in Canada.
At the auction, 97 yearlings were sold for $602,900, an average of $6,215. The median was $3,500. Another 36 lots, 24.8%, were listed as bought back.
The second-highest price, $31,000, was paid for a Valid Bidder colt out of one of Louisiana's prized runners and now broodmare, Hallowed Dreams. She won 25 of 30 starts and 17 stakes races. Consigned by Lloyd Romero and Johnny Gaspared, the colt was bought by Riceland Racing Stables.
Most Popular Stories
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in HK Vase
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer