The bay filly, already named Horse Creek, was consigned by McFadden Farm as agent for Joe Adcock and Neal McFadden and was purchased by Bradley Zaunbercher and Eric Thomas.
Out of the Broad Brush mare Young Brodie, the filly is a half-sister to Jiggs Coz, by Cozzene, who this year has won the Plate Trial Stakes and Queenston Stakes in Canada.
At the auction, 97 yearlings were sold for $602,900, an average of $6,215. The median was $3,500. Another 36 lots, 24.8%, were listed as bought back.
The second-highest price, $31,000, was paid for a Valid Bidder colt out of one of Louisiana's prized runners and now broodmare, Hallowed Dreams. She won 25 of 30 starts and 17 stakes races. Consigned by Lloyd Romero and Johnny Gaspared, the colt was bought by Riceland Racing Stables.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered