The event begins at 9:30 a.m. and includes a continental breakfast. Reservations must be made in advance by calling the event co-sponsor, the Willits Chamber of Commerce, at (707) 459-7910. Ridgewood Ranch is at 16200 N. Highway 101, in Willits.
Among the attractions at the ranch is Washoe Valley Sal, a Seabiscuit descendant in foal to Downtown Seattle, by Seattle Slew. Other Seabiscuit descendants are also kept at the ranch, which is designated one of America’s most threatened historic places by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
The current owner, Christ’s Church of the Golden Rule, has worked toward restoring several historic buildings and has joined the Seabiscuit Heritage Foundation, the National Trust, and others to develop an overall preservation and resource management plan.
GEVA was founded to provide homes for injured, retired, and abused horses, or horses just in need of a home.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field