The event begins at 9:30 a.m. and includes a continental breakfast. Reservations must be made in advance by calling the event co-sponsor, the Willits Chamber of Commerce, at (707) 459-7910. Ridgewood Ranch is at 16200 N. Highway 101, in Willits.
Among the attractions at the ranch is Washoe Valley Sal, a Seabiscuit descendant in foal to Downtown Seattle, by Seattle Slew. Other Seabiscuit descendants are also kept at the ranch, which is designated one of America’s most threatened historic places by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
The current owner, Christ’s Church of the Golden Rule, has worked toward restoring several historic buildings and has joined the Seabiscuit Heritage Foundation, the National Trust, and others to develop an overall preservation and resource management plan.
GEVA was founded to provide homes for injured, retired, and abused horses, or horses just in need of a home.
Most Popular Stories
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo